You must have read many inspirational books so far, however, I suggest you to read ‘7 Habits of Highly Effective People’ by Stephen R Covey. This book motivates people by highlighting those 7 Habits which are found in mostly all successful people.
Stephan Corey says that Habit is the Conjunction of 3 assetts of your life. These are:
- Knowledge (What & Why)
- Skill (How to)
- Desire (Want to)
By following these 3 assetts, the successful people make 7 Habits in their life. Out of these, there are 3 Private Habits & 4 Public habits. These are:
- Be Pro-Active
- Begin with End of Mind
- Put First thing First.
- Think Win & WIN.
- Seek first to understand.. Be Understood.
- Sharpen the Saw
Lets start with the first habit which is Be Pro-Active.
If P stands for Production & PC stands for Production Capability, where your Paradigm will be focused – On P or PC?
- If you focus too much on P, It means Ruined Health, work-out machines, depleted bank accounts & broken relations.
- If you focus too much on PC, It means endless journey everyday, never producing, living on other people’s fate.
See yourself in the mirro. The person you are looking, Is he –
- Never on time?
- Keeping things in order?
- Having the feeling of Victory from inside?
- Eating like a horse?
- Making simple things complicated?
Now, whatever the situation comes, people have Stimulus & Response. He has the freedom to choose Self Awareness, Imagination, Conscience or Independent Will.
The response of the person makes him Reactive or Pro-Active.
- Effected by their Social Weather.
- By Feeling, Circumstances, Conditions & Environment.
- Driven by Values.
- Carefully thought about, Selected & internalized.
The Author says, “I am what I am today because of the Choice I made Yesterday”.
Start taking initiatives. Our Basic Nature is to act NOT to be acted upon. Recognize your responsibilities to make things happen.
Reactive People & their Body Language is like:
- There is nothing I can do.
- That’s just the way I am.
- He makes me irate everytime.
- I can’t.
- I must.
- If this, then only I will
Pro Active People & their Body languate is like:
- Lets Look at the Alternative.
- I can choose a different approach.
- I can control my feelings.
- I choose.
- I prefer.
- I will.