“I want to make it clear that I don’t see homeschooling as some kind of answer to badness of schools. I think that the home is the proper base for the exploration of the world which we call learning or education. Home would be the best base no matter how good the schools were”. – John Holt
Homeschooling, also known as Home Education or Self Teaching, is to educate the kids inside the home. Home education is usually directed by a parent or a coach. Numerous families use less formal methods of educating. “Homeschooling” is the term commonly used in North America, whereas “home education” is commonly used in the United Kingdom, Europe, and in many Commonwealth countries.
Guardians usually refer to two primary inspirations for self-teaching their Kids:
- Dissatisfaction with the local schools
- Interest in expanded contribution with their kid’s learning and improvement.
Parental dissatisfaction with available formal schools typically includes
- Concerns about the school environment, as recently cases of severely beaten the Kid in the school premises and an unforgettable incidence of a big School in Delhi NCR. Such concerns are diverting parent’s mind from School and to look for an alternate.
- The quality of academic instruction, as most of the staff in most of private schools is on ad hoc basis. None of them is permanent. The School hires them keeping in mind the monitory terms. And hence, quality of Institution deteriorates day by day.
- The Curriculum is designed in a way that Student just keeps on cramming the things. His Logical reasoning and mental development stops. And Same Syllabus is designed and followed since ages. Even if a Language is obsolete from the Market, it is being taught because it is in the syllabus which will be of no use for the student.
- Bullying and ragging which lead to badly damage the self-confidence of the Student and may lead to depression and in some cases, the worst instances like suicide also happens because of Bullying within School premises.
- Lack of faith in the school’s ability to cater to their children’s special needs.
- Education Institutes are no longer the temples of Educations. They have become the machines of earning money. Sky-rocketing School Fee, Annual Fee & Donation Fee, Compulsion of buying books and uniform from School; these become extra burden on a common man.
- Some guardians, keeping in mind the end goal to have more noteworthy control over what and how their kids are educated, to cater more adequately to an individual child’s aptitudes and capacities, to give directions from a specific religious or moral position, and to take advantage of the efficiency of one-to-one instruction and thus allow the child to spend more time on childhood activities, socializing, mingling and non-academic learning.
As a result, Lot of Parents, who have understood that Current Education System will take time to change, so they have decided to dropping out their children from Formal Schools. And either have started Home Schooling or started putting them in Alternate Schools.
Homeschools are not like formal schools. They don’t have curriculum. They follow the Child. There is no Period 1 for Mathematics which will go for 45 minutes and them period 2 for Hindi which will go for 45 minutes. After 4 Periods, there will be a short break (Recess) BIG NO
If a child is loving reading tables. He can enjoy it for 2 hours. No Problem. Next Subject may be next day. But if continuity in Learning is there, Why to break it with another subject? If he is fed up with History Dates even after 15 minutes and he wants to play on Guitar… Okay, Its all yours.
The child should be free from the confinement or cages. This World is a notebook and he can attain knowledge from everywhere. Don’t stop him. Let him explore on his own.
These are the excerpts from my upcoming book ‘The Rise of Home Schooling – Current Education System should be changed’.
#Homeschool #Homeschooling #Homeed #Homeeducation #Alternate_Education #Unschool #Self_Education #Parenting